Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Revival

We had a 3 day revival at our little country church this weekend. It was our homecoming (church bday/anniv.).They gave me a break this year. i didn't have to sing every night, just Sunday morning. I did an Alan Jackson arrangement of Are You washed/I'll Fly Away. If you like gospel music, check out his album, Precious Memories. It is fantastic. I sang Midnight Cry right before the preaching started. For those of you who are not familiar with this song, it is about the rapture. One of my absolute favorites, it talks about when Jesus steps out on a cloud to call his children. Very powerful. When the preacher stood up, he said, "You know. I thought I had my message all prepared for this morning. Had a nice little outline and everything. But God changed my mind and told me it was not for you." He then proceeded to preach what he called his "funeral" sermon on the rapture and how the dead in Christ would be raised first and then those that remain will be caught up to meet in the clouds. 1st Thessalonions 4:13-18. I was astonished. I always pray before I sing, thanking God for the gift of music He gave me and asking him to use my offering of song , whether to reach someone, lift someone up, etc. I just never had an answer so fast before. It was like getting a personal pat on the back from God and it is an experience I will never forget. Thank You, Lord. You always know what we need, even before we do.

0 comments: