Friday, April 17, 2009

Locked Up

My hubby has been in the pen. Locked up. He called me this morning while I was at work. Every since he ruptured his discs, I have been on to him to keep his phone with him whenever he goes outside. I am afraid he will fall and nobody will know. Well, he really needed it this morning. He has worked hard to keep the predators away from his chickens. Made it as secure as he can. The one thing he has been neglecting to fix is the latch on the door. It can accidentally lock on you and lock you in the chicken pen. That's what happened today. Conversation went something like this:
RING RING (actually my ring tone is I can only imagine by mercy me but I digress)
Me: Hey (don't you love caller id?)
Hubby: Hey, guess what? I locked myself in the chicken pen (giggle, giggle)
Me: I know you didn't
Him: Yep.
Me: What do you want me to do about it?
Him: Guess I will wait til Philip gets up and comes out here to let me out.
Me: Call Andrew, his phone is right beside the bed
Him: OK
Me: Didn't I tell you to always carry your phone?
Him: yeah
I would just like to point out that I was right--albeit for totally different reasons--but I was still right.

3 comments:

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

way funny!

Kaye Butler said...

I thought it was quite hooooo-larious

Ruthykins said...

awesome! i've been saved a few times by my phone when i realized i had not toilet paper. make of that what you will.