Saturday, July 4, 2009

Insomnia

So what do you do in Arkansas at 3:30 in the morning? Apparently, not much. Pretty boring. Even the bugs have gone to bed. No frogs croaking, or mosquitoes buzzing, or crickets chirping. No one even on facebook. Just the endless drone of the air conditioner and fans whirring. You would think that I would be bored to sleep. But no....There are clothes in the dryer waiting to be hung up. Clothes in the washer waiting to go to the dryer. Dishes waiting in the dishwasher to be put away. But I don't want to wake anybody up around here. I will just sit and enjoy the solitude. School starts in six weeks. Aaahhh, fall....

2 comments:

Kaye Butler said...

It's 8:30am and its 83 degrees outside. It's gonna be a hot hot day.

EmmaP said...

i am like that. but even when i don't have the kids... i dont get up and do housework. my mind is wide awake, but my body is too tired to do all that work... i am an insomniac... i guess i'll sleep when i am dead... lol!