Monday, October 5, 2009

Domestic Goddess


I think the title says it all. In case u are in doubt, just let me say this. I AM 48 and FREAKIN' HORMONAL. Ok. Everyone should have the picture by now. That being said, I decided I wanted pie. Good pie which means homemade. So I decided to make a couple of coconut pies. I do not let people know I make coconut pies. It is a secret. I have never made a bad coconut pie. Until today. Put the pie crusts in the oven and apparently, did not poke enough holes in them because they puffed up like puff pastry. I deflated them while still in the oven. Proceed to filling. I scorched it. BAD. I was trying to pick the black stuff out of the filling. I was mad because it was taking too long to cook so I decided to turn the heat up under it. I really shouldn't have tried to make pies. It just hasn't been a good day. Next comes the meringue. Genius that I am I am standing there beating the crap out of the whites when I realize the humidity is so high, there is no way it is gonna fluff. FINE. Make Clayton get a cookie sheet to put the pies on because I overfilled them and I know they are going to run over in the oven. Tried to nip that mess in the bud. Tell hubby to stand there and watch them, like toast, just brown the tops. He asks are they supposed to be on fire.....

5 comments:

Pat said...

funny!! Like me and my recent tea cakes. Like hockey pucks. Ate them anyway; did you?

Kaye Butler said...

I never doubted domestic goddess skills. NEVER.

I think we'll wait to next time to ask for a slice.

Dianne said...

r u skeered?

Joanna said...

Oh snap! That calls for some emergency chocolate.

Anonymous said...

Toooooo Funny....