Thursday, April 1, 2010

Hurray for chemo

Got a good report from my surgeons. I am finally well enough for them to make me on appointment with the oncologist. Think about it. How bad is it when a step up is chemo? But that is where I am right now. Just ready to get on with it! I have always wanted to charge in and get things done. At school, if the teacher asked for volunteers, remember those good old days,I was the first one with their hand in the air. Usually the only one. I would get more nervous the longer I had to wait so I just wanted to get mine over with. Same thing. Poor Clayton. He had his bubble burst today. He was under the mistaken impression that the chemo would just be a one time thing. He did not realize it could be a multi month ordeal. The shortest course I personally have heard of anyone taking is 3 months. His cousin had 42 treatments (at a cost of $5600 EACH). But we aren't doing any quotes like "love is never having to say ur sorry". So I am really ready to find out how mine is going to run. Thought we had an appointment tomorrow, there was a cancellation, but dr. decided she would take off. OH WELL. They are trying to get me in Monday. Originally they said April 21 but pushy me, trying to get an earlier appointment!

NOW, just let me say I am sorely disappointed in my two readers. Check the comments on previous post. Do you mean to tell me that y'all just SKIM my post? You don't hang on every word, eagerly anticipating the next word? THEREFORE, i gave a VERY EASY trivia question. You just have to find it...

4 comments:

Kaye Butler said...

Oh i found the triva question, after I re-read, but I really thought that question was only for Joanna since you said..."joanna, I'll send you....".

But I did have to re-read it! And you have to admit it was typed under the influence, where as the rest of us crazies can not claim to be under the influence. True.

Kudos...one step forward instead of two steps back!!!!

Dianne said...

I am no longer under the influence....much

Joanna said...

I'm supposed to pay attention??? Since when??? ;)

Pat said...

I've been keeping up here. Glad you're "well" enough to get the treatment going. You have a great attitude!!