Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Are you smarter than a 6th grader

Philip comes home, first day of school with 4 pages of math homework. I, personally, thought that was a little excessive for first day, but hey, I don't have a teaching degree (yet). He does most of it by himself, then starts to ask for help. Q: How do you find the height of a geometric solid, such as a prism? Mom answer: You measure it (DUH). Philip says that's not right, it's not in the book, you have to put what page it is on, etc. I say, FINE. GIVE ME THE BOOK. Philip: It starts on page 261. Me, to myself, why are you on page 261, it's the first day of school. You should be on page one. I look the book over, can not find how to find the height of a geometric solid. Make Philip give me the workbook. YOU ONLY HAD TO FREAKIN' KNOW HOW TO LOOK STUFF UP IN THE BOOK! YOU DID NOT HAVE TO KNOW THE ANSWER! Philip has not asked for any more help with his homework. Maybe I should change the name of my blog to "How to get your kids to leave you alone".

1 comments:

Kaye Butler said...

I don't think that little trick is going to make him leave you alone for long.