Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11

I'm sure everyone remembers what they were doing, where they were that morning. i had just dropped my kids off at school, went back home and Katie Couric was on NBC saying a small plane had hit one of the towers. They had live shots of it and I was standing there watching. Then the second plane hit. They weren't sure if it was another plane or coverage of the first hit. Confusion reigned. Then they showed Jim at the pentagon. He was on air at the time of impact there. MY first response was I wanted to go get my kids, even though I knew nothing would happen in Wynne, AR. What also sticks in my mind is the memory of ALL of Congess standing on the steps of the Capital singing God Bless America. I am a Christian, a FULL TIME Christian. Not one just when bad things happen. Where are all these people now? Where exactly was Obama that day? Would he have sang God Bless America? I don't think so. But that would be his freedom to choose. And I am also a FULL TIME American--a plain AMERICAN, not an anything added fill in the blank American. I still remember how I felt, even though I did not experience any loss personally. I am still mad that someone could come over here on MY turf and kill all those innocent people just going to work to support their families and pay their taxes. They weren't extremists. Just average people. Still pisses me off and I don't care who knows it. Yes, I will be taking my anger to the polls and do something about it there. GOD BLESS AMERICA! But I really mean it.

1 comments:

Kaye Butler said...

You did a great job with this post. I believe now that I remember that it was the radio stations that were claiming bombs. I'll need to go change my blog.

Again, good job.