Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009

Happy New Year everyone. Due to personal tragedy, it's not my favorite holiday. 23 years ago, my oldest sister had a party at her house. I went, but I was sick and didn't stick around all night. Left about 11:30. A couple of hours later we received a call that her house had burned and she and her husband were both killed. The last memory of her I have is when I was leaving and she told me she loved me and how pretty I was. January 1st was also my daddy's birthday. So, I would really just rather skip all of it. I did spend the evening with my other sisters last night. Beverly lives here and our sister Vivian, we call her BB, was up from Florida. It was good being with them, but I kept thinking about Marsha. I didn't tell anyone, though. If they hadn't thought about it, I didn't want to be the one to bring it up. But on the upside, MIL is cooking today, so I don't have to! Hooray for me! Seems like a good start for 2009. Love to all and God bless this year. May all your hopes and dreams come true.

1 comments:

Kaye Butler said...

I really didn't remember that it was New Years Eve. I knew it was around the holidays.

On the upside? My MIL is cooking too!!! Hmmm