Monday, January 26, 2009

Ice Storm 2009

Don't you just hate the weather titles? We are holding our breath here to see if we get it or not. We are under an ice storm warning for the next couple of days. Usually when they get everyone riled up with predictions, we don't get anything. And when they say we won't get anything, we get covered up! Nevertheless, I made my obligatory grocery run (yes, Leslie, I went to the store, no, Kaye, I did not buy milk or bread). The fact that I didn't buy groceries over the weekend did factor into the picture. The fact that I have a VERY steep concrete drive also played a part. As did the fact that Clayton is on the road to Chicago so me and the kids are manless. Yes, I have two boys one age 17 but believe me, I am still manless. It looks like Clayton will not make his run tonite and will hopefully be able to get a motel room with some of the other guys he runs with. They are only a couple of hours outside of Memphis and moving about 25mph. He is not happy. In his words, it is NOT NICE to get iced in just a couple of hours from home. Kids are praying for ice so they don't have to go to school. I just don't want the electricity to go out because we are all electric. NO HEAT. But, I know Kaye has gas heat...if I can get down my drive...and up her steep, curving drive.

0 comments: