Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Moments in history

Well, I missed it. History, that is. All you hear on the news is how history is being made, blah blah blah...I was at work, thank you very much. Apparently, this thing was not completely thought through. OK, so millions of people showed up. Who did these peoples jobs while they were watching history? Or are they not employed? I wasn't offered the day off to watch history. I SO WOULD HAVE TAKEN THE DAY OFF. My kids did not witness history. School tried, but seems like the internet was down all over the state. HHHMMM. Maybe we were left out because we are the home of a two term former prez? Don't know. My kids would LOVED MISSING SCHOOL, to witness history. But, bad mother that I am I MADE THEM GO TO SCHOOL. While I was at work. Not witnessing history. I think I should have been off with pay, too. Economic stimulus and all that, you know.

3 comments:

jennisg said...

If it makes you feel better I was home all day yesterday and did not even consider turning it on..If it didn't happen on Dora, Diego, or Wonder Pets it wasn't happening at our house....

Dysd Housewife said...

I watched for like 10 minutes and started to nod off..So changed the channel. They watched it via internet in my daughters class as well, and she said even the teacher was catching ZZZs. LOL

Joanna said...

Didn't watch it and slacker home school mom that I am didn't let the kids watch it. I heard there was a lot of - dare I say - worship of the man.
Now where did I read another country wanted a king and it went bad? ;)

I really should stop dressing myself in black by next week.