Saturday, March 14, 2009

Friday the 13th

Need to know information. While you are coloring your gray, that is a good time to sit at the computer and blog. My Friday the 13th started on Thursday. At 8pm Philip showed me the blow out on his shoes. So we head to Wallie world with the direct instructions that ER comes on at 9, we better be back. Youngest son finds a pair of shoes he likes, on clearance no less, tries on home, and it's off to the checkout line. Notice I say line, not lane. While tapping my foot and watching the watch, we finally make it out and back home with 2 minutes to spare. I was not missing the 4th of the last episodes of ER. Rise and shine next morning, at 5, darling son is putting on new shoes, when he realizes they are both for the left foot. Now, I have heard of people having two left feet. Never gave it much thought. Surely they have to shop in a special store, Kaye has a brother with no left foot, makes sense, right? Well, somebody in Wynne, Arkansas apparently has two right feet. Would like to meet them. My day continued by standing at customer service at 6:45 AM trying to return said shoes. Sent Philip to look for the pair with two right shoes in the box. They did not exist. Maybe I should have kept them and sold them on Ebay.

5 comments:

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

funny!!!!

Kaye Butler said...

Too funny! I should mention that my brother Scott, the one she's talking about with no left foot, is an amputee...everytime he goes shoe shopping he gives the clerk a hard time, he only has one foot, why should he have to pay for the 2nd shoe. So far after almost 10 years, he still has to buy the 2nd shoe. Don't you know the shoe store hates to see him coming.

Kaye Butler said...

P. S.

No, Taylor is not YARM13YOl until she tells me "you are ruining my 13 year old life".

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

you are so funny! you just don't realize how cold it gets here!!!! sometimes the only thing I can do to warm up is HOT tea! and a space heater and an electric blanket. *smile*
it is ROUGH in Yankeeland! rough!

Kellan said...

HA! Hey, Diana! Hope you're having a great week. Take care and I'll see you soon - Kellan