Monday, April 27, 2009

Flat

We do not have enough animals here on our wildlife refuge. So yesterday Philip and I went and picked up some kittens a friend was giving away. She had 5, but was keeping one. We left with the other four. Picked one up for SIL Kaye and we kept three. They are 8 weeks old and adorable. On the way home I hear a sound like a VERY large cat scratching cardboard. Philip says, what was that. I said I don't know (yes, I did, just didn't tell him) but I am driving as far as we can get. Made it a mile or so more when I hear the unmistakable thump, thump, thump. Ya'll know the sound. The flat tire, it ain't moving no more, sound. Wonderful. Yes, I went "the back way" (does anyone besides people in the South say that?) down the gravel road, cut across the levee. You know those good ol' country roads. So, who do you call when you are in the back of nowhere, with a flat, and a husband with two ruptured discs? You call your BIL. Gotta give a shout out to Jason. If ya'll are ever in the area and need a wrecker service, be sure and call Butler Wrecker and Towing. As we sat waiting, two pickup trucks and one four wheeler passed us by, never slowing down, much less offering help. Philip decided he could get the spare on the ground, so he started that. Btw, I drive an Expedition. I have changed a tire on a small car, when I was much younger, but I don't think I could have managed this. Jason showed up and changed our flat, which I appreciate SO MUCH. Guess I will have to make him so peanut butter candy. Wonder if I could talk Philip into making it?

Bible verse challenge: The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalms 27:1

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just so everyone is to know...i don't work for peanut butter candy for everyone!!! BIL

Kaye Butler said...

He works for peanut butter pies.
SIL