Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Smartimus Mouthititus

I sometimes suffer from smartimus mouthititus. You know that condition when things just pop out of your mouth before your brain is engaged? I have worked hard to overcome this debilitating illness and have done a remarkable job overcoming it. Until my recent relapse. Phone rings at work. Conversation goes like this:
ME: (company name) Can I help you?
Person on other end (POE): Yeah, what do I need to apply?
ME: You need the income of everyone in your household.
POE: Ain't nobody in my household
ME: (attack of involuntary smartimus mouthititus) Well, there's got to be someone in your household. You called. There's at least you.
POE: SILENCE
Glad my boss is in a different office...miles and miles away....

BVC: Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him. Proverbs 22:15.

1 comments:

Pat said...

I know it's hard work getting foot out of mouth - I have done it soooo many times!

Didn't know Clayton had a blog! Neat! Sweet kitties, too.