Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Jeremiah 29:11 and other stuff

I thought I had easy trivia, but no, apparently not. Disassemble? NO DISASSEMBLE was from the movie Short Circuit. No winners on the boobies prize. Kaye has seen the prize and can attest to its loveliness. And I even gave the name of the movie in my last post Back to the Future. I mean really people, come on! This one is SIMPLE. Had chemo again yesterday and it started kicking butt on the 100-plus mile drive home. I could barely make it in the house. Hair is almost gone. Thinking about shaving it just to get it over with. If u touch it, it falls out. My oncologist told me yesterday that after 4 rounds of what I am taking now (adriamyicin and cytoxan) I would be changed to a different drug. 80% of people on it have NO SIDE EFFECTS! So I have 2 more treatments before I get to it. Gave away all my bras. Guess Clayton was glad because I stuck them in his clothes so I wouldn't have to look at them. Losing the hair is much harder than I thought. I have probably cried more over that than the boobs. And I have ALWAYS, MY ENTIRE LIFE, threatened to shave my head because my hair was so thin and baby fine. Well, well, just look at me now. I was asked to participate in a clinical trail yesterday. They want me to walk 6000 to 8000 steps a day to see if moderate exercise will improve the outcome of treatment. I said sure, sign me up. Got a free pedometer out of it. Hurt my feelings when, after spending 8 hours at the hospital and walking from one end of creation to the other, I only went 2184 steps. This might be harder than I thought. Because I really have been sedentary since surgery. I attended a cancer survivors dinner a couple of weeks ago and spoke at it. Our local Relay for Life event is this Friday and Saturday, it goes all nite, and I have been asked to speak there, also. So, maybe, God is revealing part of his plan for me. I hope so, because I would really like to know. Philip bought me a "cheering up gift". It was really supposed to be for Mother's day, but he said I needed it now. It is a metal wall hanging with the following inscribed on it, "For I know the plans I have for you, saith the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". Jeremiah 29:11. I think that says it all.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Aww - wish I knew what to say other than sorry.

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

thank you for sharing. really. I want to thank you.

Kaye Butler said...

I knew you wouldn't mind...I passed on the bras to Dianna's mom, Ms. Gracie. They did not have enough support and I knew she needed them.

Love you.

I am thinking that Mary Margaret might want the boobies!