Monday, July 21, 2008

UPS

Saturday morning about 8:30 phone conversation
Andrew (16): Where you at
Me: West Memphis (about 40 miles away)
Andrew: Oh, guess you will miss it
Me: Miss what?
Andrew: The ups man is stuck in our driveway
Me: What?!
Andrew: THE UPS GUY IS STUCK IN OUR DRIVEWAY
Me: How is he stuck in our driveway
Andrew: He tried to make a right hand turn
Me: Oh, call Jason
Andrew: Why can't you!
Me: FINE
We live on top of the hill, bro-in-law Jason lives at the bottom. He just happens to have a wrecker service.
Me: Are you at home
Jason: Yeah
Me: Go see what is going on at my house. Andrew said the ups guy is stuck in my drive.
Jason: Do WHAT
Me: UPS guy tried to make a right hand turn out of our drive.
Now, I did not ask Jason if he was awake, I could tell when he answered the phone he was still asleep. And he didn't ask any further questions when I said right hand turn because he knew that was almost a u-turn out of our drive with an embankment on one side and a gully on the other. Oh, and the delivery wasn't even for us. Wrong Address. But at least my drive was clear when I got home a couple of hours later.

0 comments: