Tuesday, November 11, 2008

No Bake Fruit Cake

Let me start by saying, I do not like fruit cake. I do not like any COOKED fruit. This isn't cooked. And I don't really call it real fruit, either. Candied cherries are not fruit, to me. I am also one of those country cooks who doesn't measure anything. So don't worry about being exact with the measurements. I knew it was Christmas when my momma made this. It tastes more like candy and I was always anxious to get a slice--even though I picked the cherries out. I remember asking could I leave a slice out for Santa and being so thrilled when the answer was yes. Seeing the empty plate and glass in the sink the next morning (and yes, I went and looked) is a childhood memory I will never forget. Hope you enjoy.

NO BAKE FRUIT CAKE
1 box graham cracker crumbs
4 cups pecan pieces
1 can condensed milk
1 small container red candied cherries
1 small container green candied cherries

Mix all ingredients together. If too dry to hold together, add a little more condensed milk. Shape into a loaf. Wrap in wax paper and chill well. These can be made into cheese log sizes if you wish to give them as gifts.

1 comments:

Kaye Butler said...

I have never made fruit cake!!

This is a great post!