Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Soapbox

Ok, I have been watching the news again. And some stuff just really hacks me off. Headlines today? THE NEW PRESIDENTIAL CADDY. I don't get a new car. Why should I have to pay out the wazoo for somebody elses? I don't care if he is the prez. He should have to buy his own car if he wants a new one. I don't care if it is work related. There is nothing wrong with the one that is there now. IT'S ALL ABOUT APPEARANCES. And isn't that what got us in the mess we are in now? I think any elected official ought to have to work for minimum wage, too. But that's another post....

3 comments:

Dysd Housewife said...

I absolutely agree. The government has been stealing money long enough.

Suburban Correspondent said...

Hmmm...that's one way to finally get the minimum wage raised, isn't it?

Although I can't help feeling that whoever is President should get all the perks they want - I wouldn't want that job, that's for sure!

Joanna said...

I don't think the secret service even lets him drive alone so why would he need the car when he carpools?